Monday 25 April 2011

This Little Baby

This Little Baby: a book review by Marisca Mosedale.

Mummy and Daddy say that this is the best kind of book because I got it for free from Bookstart. Except for What Have You Got, Mr Croc, this is my favourite book and I regualrly unearth from wherever it gets hidden after the last 20 times we read it. The narrative isn't great, to be honest, but it does have a punchy ending, which I'm loathe to give away. Suffice to say that the last baby is "the one I love best", and I'm not particularly comfortable that the reader is forced to embrace their narcissistic tendencies just by finishing the book. Throughout the book the rhyming meter is maintained if not the factual accuracy (the little baby who plays with his toys is not a little baby).

Depite its weaknesses I enjoy this book, largely because of all the babies in it that I can wave hello to.

No comments:

Post a Comment