Friday 24 June 2011

A walking holiday

I have just got back from my first walking holiday, with Mummy and Daddy.  They walked, I rode on Daddy's back which was very good fun.  We walked 90 miles from our house to Bowness on Windermere, following the Dales Way.  Mummy and Daddy say they will put up a full holiday diary on their walking site later, so here are some photos to show what I did on my holiday.

Here we are outside our back door at the start of the walk.  I am unimpressed because Mummy made me wear a sunhat.  Don't worry, I managed to lose that by the end of the walk!

Here I am on Ilkley Moor, enjoying the sunshine (and the sunhat...)

Daddy and I got up to all sorts of fun together, including these stepping stones:

And I made lots of new friends, like this duck:

 But my favourite animals are sheep.  We saw lots and lots and lots of sheep along the walk, and I pointed them all out to Mummy and Daddy.

We had lots of picnics.  I like picnics, as I can crawl around and eat at the same time.

And there were lots of nice views to admire along the way:

 I helped Mummy with the map reading:

And here I am at the end.  Look!  Someone built a seat for me to stand on!

No comments:

Post a Comment