Thursday 1 December 2011

A baby-led morning activity.

Morning in the Mosedale household, breakfast finally finished after three bowls of muesli ('more?').  I'm clearing the breakfast things away when I hear a little voice from the coat cupboard.

M: Coat! Coat! Coat!

She reappears in the kitchen, grabs my hand and leads me into the cupboard.

M: (pointing at her coat on the hook) Coat! Coat! Coat!

Me: You're still wearing your pyjamas, Marisca.  Do you want to put your coat on?

M: Yes!

I help Marisca put her coat on.

M: (picks up her boots from the shoe rack) Booooots!

Me: Do you want to put your boots on?

M: Yes!

I help her put her boots on - over her sleepsuit.

M: (points to my coat) Coat! Coat! (points to my boots) Boots!

I put my coat and shoes on (thankfully, I'm already dressed).

M: (poddles out of the cupboard and points at her buggy). Pushchair! Pushchair!

Me: Do you want to get in your pushchair?

M: Yes!

Me: We could just go out into the yard?

M: No!  Pushchair!

(I open the kitchen door to try to entice her out into the yard).

M: (cries.  Points at pushchair).  Pushchair!

I put Marisca in the pushchair.  She grins and points to the open door.

We go for a walk.

1 comment: