Saturday 25 May 2013

Scrambling by Tryfan

On day of our holiday, Elspeth was rather unwell.  In the afternoon I took Marisca away to the foothills of the 3000ft spiky monstrosity that is Tryfan, to find some smaller hills for Marisca to climb all on her own.

It was a bit of a punt - she's not always into physical activity and exploration - but it ended up being a really fantastic hour or so.  The area is littered with rocky outcrops up to 10 feet or so high, and Marisca just wanted to climb them.  "Next one", "That one", she never wanted to stop, and really impressed me with her interest and ability to just get to the top.  We also found a ladder stile on our wanderings, which Marisca delighted in climbing, and a bridge, and a ford which she delighted in me carrying her over.  The weather was the best of the holiday, and my daughter and I just had fun.  I can't wait until she and Tom are old enough to climb Tryfan with me (while Elspeth waits at the bottom nervously with a flask of tea).

It's impossible to describe to myself let alone to the casual blog reader, but it was so great, and I just don't ever want to forget that slice of an afternoon.










No comments:

Post a Comment