Tuesday 1 June 2010

Four weeks

Marisca was born four weeks ago yesterday. Those four weeks have flown by, but at the same time life without Marisca seems a long long time ago. I remember coming home from the hospital with her and thinking 'now what do I do?' There are still many times where I wonder what to do, but we're learning together and settling into our life as a family.

Marisca grows and changes every day: she is obviously putting on weight, but hasn't grown out of any clothes yet. When she first arrived she spent all her time either asleep or feeding - now she spends some time each day awake and taking in the world around her. She loves spending time kicking on her playmat, and loves cuddles with either Mummy or Daddy. She's not sure about the bouncy chair yet, but we're working on it!

My life has changed beyond recognition: it is hard looking after a newborn, as you are always on duty. Even when she is asleep I'm keeping an eye or ear out for her, just in case. And yes, nights are difficult: Marisca generally sleeps well, but does wake for feeds so I haven't had a long sleep for a long time. But I wouldn't change it for the world! I love her even when life is difficult, and am looking forward to all the changes we'll see in the next four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment