Sunday 20 June 2010

Happy Father's Day

Today has been my first Father's Day, although to be honest it was lovely just to be another weekend day that I can spend with Marisca and Elspeth. We did do some daddy-centric things with our day, starting with a special dad's baby massage. Slightly disappointed that when we turned up it wasn't going to be Marisca learning to give me a massage but vice versa... I learned lots of ways to hold Marisca differently and a massage routine, and Marisca got her first taste of proper public nudity. It was a really nice session and is definitely something to do more at home in daddy time.

Afterwards we went to Harrold Odell country park for a picnic and a stroll. The weather improved as we got there into passable picnicking temperatures, and we enjoyed sitting by the water.


Last new thing for the day, before I was allowed to watch a whole non-England football match, was introducing Marisca to a bottle of expressed milk. This seemed to work pretty well - not well enough that we'd opt for that over breastfeeding much of the time, but well enough that Elspeth might trust me to look after Marisca for longer than a cup of tea around the corner, providing I promise not to do too much monkey swinging or fireman's lifts with her.
All in, a good first Father's Day. She'll be very different by my second one!




1 comment:

  1. lovely :)

    I have to admit to being secretly relieved that Duncan arrived after father's day so Cory didn't get to celebrate a whole year ahead of my turn! They went golfing this year for father's day...

    ReplyDelete